In the world of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and the throngs of other social platforms, it is sometimes hard to know where to turn for trusted information.
Enter MACAlerts: a social platform designed specifically for you! MAC launched its very own social media platform to provide members with their very own spot on the web to interact, learn and connect with other professionals interested in the payment ecosystem. MACAlerts replaces the prior Alerts system used by MAC. In doing so, we are able to provide some new features, while maintaining the original capabilities that so many MAC members rely upon in their risk mitigation processes each day.
Some Changes to Expect
Alert categories that are unrestricted, are open to all members and will now retain past posts.
Members can respond to messages in unrestricted alert categories and see the responses of others.
We will introduce some new alert categories and features in the coming year. Examples include categories for members of special interest groups (SIGs) or committees.
Some Things That Remain Unchanged
To adhere to antitrust compliance guidelines and other legal requirements, all alerts posts must be moderated and approved before they can be distributed to members.
Some alert categories remain restricted and require an additional application for access.
Members must log in to the MAC website and be validated as a current member with appropriate rights to access the Alerts community.
Moderating posts are done by a small group of staff and volunteers. During some periods, this may create delays in reviewing and posting content.
Most Alert categories still will have forms to submit initial posts to provide standardized content. Maintaining this feature was a request of existing members and users.
How To Connect
- Log into MACAlerts at http://alerts.macmember.org/ using your current MACAlerts username and password.
- If you like, update your profile and photo by clicking My Profile. This will only affect your profile within the Alerts area. For security reasons, no changes to your information in the Alerts area are reflected back to your main MAC account.
- View Alert categories you can access by clicking My Groups.
- Start a discussion by clicking Post New Discussion from the Discussions tab of any group. Here you should find the traditional Alert categories to which you have access.
- Reply to a discussion by clicking Reply… from within the discussion online OR by replying to a discussion email notification.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc. Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, Inc. Pinterest is a trademark of Pinterest, Inc. YouTube is a trademark of Google, Inc.